Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SOME GIRLS of the 70s, 80s and 90s, assorted sessions

all photos (C) Heather Harris. All Rights Reserved.
Some that you recognize, some that you've never even heard of
[image]
Bonnie Raitt, her Grammy and her band sax player at the Grammy Awards
Above, my friend Mary of The Dogs, far left, and one of her metal bands whose name I can't remember. Leah on guitar and ego (justified by her excellent playing) is in front, the singer on the far right was a dancer in her day/night job, and the preppy-looking drummer played like Mini-me John Bonham in a drum cage
[image]
Crickette for my punk book back cover
[image]
Patricia Morrison of Gun Club, with bass and her genuine hair, not extensions. Elvira copied her look and admitted same early on, Patricia has since married onetime The Damned bandmate Dave Vanian, and together they now have a little ghoul
[image]
Melanie Herrald, world-class singer, pipes of steel, from grunge-metal BadXample
[image]
Paula Pierce of The Pandoras, different phases. Don't ask, don't tell what she was doing onstage in the photo on the right. It was during her cover of the Stooges "Loose"
[image]
Pan A. of The Love Poodles. She could sing in Russian!
[image]
Chloe Webb (Nancy in "Sid And Nancy" film) at a Rock and Spoken Word festival performance
[image]
[image]
more of The Wild Hairs with different line-ups. One of them helped pioneer commercial piercing, one of them disappeared with Billy Idol on the back of his motorcycle after a gig, one remains a natural blonde, one of them has written published, historical non-fiction from Washington DC, one of them has been to Cuba and back (hard to do for us Americans,) and one still lives across the street from me
[image]
I've forgotten whom, but I surely referenced Richard Avedon for this singer. Two items of my own antique clothing worn here
[image]
I've forgotten whom, but she was cute, very young, arrived without proper accessories, and is wearing my jacket and muffler, as I continue to do as well to this day
[image]
Above, the photographer herself, on television in the early 1970's. My film of my future better half's band on the production set hadn't turned out well, so I was trying to recapture same photographing the actual broadcast. 'Still didn't get much. The photographer in this persona and vintage marabou bedjacket so trendy in the original Glam era bears no resemblance to the present one. Note I am on tv twice.

2 comments:

Chris McMahon, MSJ said...

What? No photos of Jan King?

Fast Film said...

Jan warranted her own blog all by herself:
http://fastfilm1.blogspot.com/2010/04/jan-king-still-rockin-in-chicago.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...