Saturday, November 26, 2011

CUTE COUPLES of the early 1970s

















I took these shots of people I knew while strolling around Westwood Village during my UCLA daze. Top photo: Teri Digneo and Steve Gross, both fresh from London in respective trendy haircuts and sharp threads. Steve became an attorney who reputedly worked with Warren Beatty amongst others. Teri, whose coiffure belied by my black and white photo was sort of purple, was a former classmate of my then roommate, "the most photogenic person I ever met" LINK.

Other photo depicts then actress Melissa Greene and friend whose name is lost in the sands of time. Melissa starred memorably in a "Rockford Files" tv episode as its title character in "Aura Lee, Farewell," and in the film "Electra Glide in Blue" with Robert Blake. Her journey post-acting into that of teaching creative writing within the polished academia of the East Coast remains sufficiently unusual that it should be read by its initial chronicler here: LINK.

Neither couple remained together.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...