Monday, July 8, 2013

I'M A FEATURED ARTICLE in RECORD COLLECTOR NEWS

Wow, I'm a featured article in Record Collector News! See
LINK for my two cents on my onetime graphic art teacher, the redoubtable, visual arts icon-creator John Van Hamersveld.

Here's the missing first paragraph, which somehow slid between the pixels onto the floor and out of sight: 

The listing in one of those freebie further education-type syllabi read 'Night Classes, Commercial Art Design taught by John Van Hamersveld,' and I practically broke the sound barrier getting my paperwork and filthy lucre in to take this course. 

Above, John Van Hamersveld's design for the Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Street front and back LP covers; below, SurfingVillage.com collage of Hamersveld images.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved your article on Hamersveld--we OWN the poster from Endless Summer, framed in the study. Nice to hear from someone who actually took a class with him, that he was honest in assessing his students. That's rare.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...