Thursday, April 10, 2014

FADED FAMILY

... a faded photograph of our 1966 family at a party in a tent at our house, the only time I ever wore any earrings (skin too sensitive for this accessory, like the Princess and the Pea. These were clip on.) Pater and Bro in velvet jackets, Mater is wearing Pucci, my frock, a ballgown slashed into a minidress was from Le Droguestore in Westwood Village CA.  Fashionable yes, but dysfunctional familial unit...

Due to the continual, contentious friction of this era I tended not to retain family photos as keepsakes, hence the above condition issues. However, my friend Blaire kept the one below and is seen at left, same soiree occasion. Note my ever-present camera, a cheapie bought from scarce teenage funds. Decrying blank space, I painted the posters ad hoc for the party decor. It was the mid-1960s...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...