Saturday, September 15, 2012

SPOONFUL a la 1968

Above, photo and sculpture of mine from actual 1968. I took art classes at Stanford University between prep school graduation and college, making this life-sized plaster man holding a spoon while sitting in a chair (everyone copied my propping up the statue with furniture as soon as I unveiled same.) It remained at Stanford when I returned home to Southern Calif...

For those with lurid minds, yes, my sculpture was influenced by the song below and the British fellow, a Michael York lookalike but with curly blond hair who had introduced me to the music of Richard and Mimi Farina (video below) and assorted blues greats.
NOTE: link directly back to http://fastfilm1.blogspot.com if all elements such as photo layouts or videos aren't here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...