Monday, March 9, 2015

OVER A HALF CENTURY AGO, WITH ANIMALS





Above are newly excavated photos courtesy of my cousin Virginia Parks Williamson. My grandfather (see LINK) provided great entertainment for us visiting Californians as well as for my resident cousins-- horses to ride, baby farm animals for me to play with, and go-karts to tool around my uncle's and his estates. My grandfather's dog Fritz the dachshund is seen motoring jauntily with young Virginia and your humble future photojournalist, and note that the goat kid is on a leash with me. 

(Editor's note: most folks say I am unrecognizable in my childhood pix but for the presence of animals. For comparison's sake, equestrian shots below with my horse Indy 40 and 50 years later: at a dressage clinic, and bareback casual by guest photographer Kurt Ingham.)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...